Version 8.4 was issued in August 2009.
The main change was the incorporation
of Reportable Employer Superannuation Contributions (RESC). There were other smaller changes to the
Payment Summary for the year ending 30 June 2010:
Need to differentiate the two
types of deductions - (1) workplace giving and (2) membership fees for unions
and professional associations.
- If there is a Lump Sum Type A,
the ATO needs to know whether it was part of a redundancy.
There are many other changes in this version including the following:
- Much better way of treating part-time
employees being paid a salary. The holiday and sick leave can now
be recorded in days.
- The employee's Tax screen has many new
questions relating to the extra information needed for the Payment
Summary. Consequently this screen has been split into two
separate screens: the Tax screen and the Payment Summary screen.
- A lump sum for payment in lieu of notice on
termination is now subject to superannuation. This is part oif
new regulations effective 1 July 2009. PAY-PACK now asks whether
a lump sum is superable if it possibly could be a payment in lieu.
- In the Detail of Pay of a general pay run, it is possible to go straight to the printing of the pay slip for the individual.
This version number for this will start